Montag, 13. Mai 2024

Salah Michel Bouraad, “Dieu est évidence“

 Éditions du Jubilé, 2006

This book by a Lebanese Christian layman who is both a successful businessman and deeply involved in charity in his home country has two main theses, which he develops across several chapters – 1) what the world needs most is love, and 2) love is both a gift from God and the best way to God. It’s a book written in a fluent, conversational style, easy to read; it’s not a systematic exposition, but it illuminates its theses from different angles in order to support them.

Concerning the first thesis, I found myself agreeing with many of the author’s examples and observations. On the second thesis, well, as I’m skeptical concerning the existence of God, I lack the basis for accepting the premise, but the author is graceful enough to appreciate if people embrace love without God; he hopes it will lead them to God in the end. For me, if reading this book makes some of its readers want to make this world a better place, it would already justify the labor of the author. If God exists, I hope he will see this the same way.

 

Keine Kommentare: